The writer of the manuscript that is chosen as the selection for the second annual First Edition Children's Book Project will be awarded the following:
- Book publication contract with a $1,000 advance and 8% royalties
- Professional manuscript editing
- Professional book illustration
- Professional book design
- Library of Congress registration
- ISBN number
- Barcode for retail sale
- National Marketing to promote sales, including "one-for-one" model for sales through the Southwest Human Development website, and regular sales at online retailers and retail book stores
- Ten copies of the book and the option of purchasing additional copies at 40% off of the cover price
- Pre-approved travel costs will be provided within the continental United States for book promotion as needed, and requested by Southwest Human Development.
By submitting a manuscript for consideration, writers agree to the terms and conditions as described on this website.